After seeing your vet, if your vet says to "watch the lump" for growth, what is the best way without worrying daily?
I have shared a lump-monitoring tip here. Do you have any tips for monitoring lumps?
Please share your tips and experiences with pet lumps - did you monitor or go to surgery? Share your lump info
- I have just noticed a hump on my golden retriever he is 6 years old always and trouble with with his left hind leg but know just in fron of the leg is a lump starting to form doesn't seem to bother him at the moment and still eating well also the lump when touché doesn't seem to cause pain 6/11/2013
- —Guest David fry
- Hi my Staffy x whippet had a little lump under his jaw / side of hi left mouth , over the last few days it's has enlarged and spreadered under in one big lump it's also red ! I'm scared to take him to the vets just incase there inform me with bad news as he is just not my dog he is also my soul mate we do everything together! Pleaee could some one give me some information
- —Guest Lizzy
my beloved Dayzee(11yr old beagle)
- Love does not cover what I feel for my little girl. About 2 yrs ago she got a couple lumpy growths on chest vet said like a cow builds up fat there to lay down.she is very overweight has trouble jumping upon couch now mobility has slowed.she also has a big one on here front belliepainful joints no pain at touch can not afford vet but have found several jmore all sizes under arm on hip her tail has big one just found quate
- —Guest cindy
- Hi there, my rottie has a small lump on the inside of his leg! I took him to vets and they told me it was a skin tumour and need to come off! He was booked in a few weeks later but the lump had grown to the size of a golf ball, he went and had it taken off the vet told me that it would cost a extra £63 to have it checked by lab but when I got there to pick my dog up and asked about having it checked I was told they had thrown it in the bin as it only looked like a skin tag! I am about worried incase it was cancerous should it have been checked?
- —Guest Del x
lump on leg
- i have a poodle about 8bs. She is about 5 or 6 yrs. old. Noticed a small round knot on her rear leg-near top of the leg. It is soft to touch. As of late it has gotten bigger. This little dog has my heart, I love her so much.
- I lost my dog Rex to cancer and it got me focused on feeding our furkids the healthiest food and treats possible, that is why I started Rex's Barkery named after my dog who I lost to cancer. He had no visible lumps but there was a tumor in his throat. If nothing else I hope at the first sign of anything out of the ordinary the dog gets taken to the vet for a checkup! a watchful owner can be the best prevention! Best of luck to anyone whose dogs have lumps or any other condition, I know how tough it can be
- —Guest Nichole
Not to worry
- I noticed my 7month old retriever acting distant(he's very attached to me) and not wanting to eat so started giving him extra attention I noticed then a golf size lump on his right jaw line, I immediately started him on antibiotics(human) and pedialyte every hour with a syringe within 2 days it grew the size of a tennis ball, I then started him on Benadryl, he started eating small portions of boiled chicken breast 2 days later, I thought it was getting better but noticed 2 more lumps forming around the one huge lump, I started to worry bc he stopped wanting house food, I continued with the antibiotics&benadryl for 2 more days, that night he hardly slept due to the pain from swelling so I decided it was time to make the trip to the vet but before leaving home I noticed him running around rubbing his head on everything and quickly noticed it draining I put him in the shower and drained it for some time swelling went dwn him wrapped it, he started piggin out right away 1day later hes bett
- —Guest Jen
lumps in our loved ones
- Cody, my 8 yr old Golden has been my constant companion through many trials and moves. He has several lumps and a huge one on his neck which I didn't notice till I got his summer haircut. Calling vet in AM. I am on SSDI and don't have money for cancer treatment but even if I did, I love him enough to not put him through that. He will live out his life until I see pain in his ADL and doesn't eat. His unconditional love has kept me going for many years when I was ready to give up. He deserves mine and so much more. DOG is GOD's gift to us.
- —Guest melody
8 yr old Glen of Imaal Terrier
- Our 8 year old Glen Terrier had a plasmacytoma removed from his paw in February. We were told it was localized. It is now 3 months later and he has 8 new lumps all over his body. I had 2 biopsied and they said it is plasmacytoma again. What could be causing this if plasmacytomas don 't spread according to my research?
- —Guest MacMurphy
- My eleven year old staffy has about 8 lumps all over we got them all checked and the vet said they are just fatty tissue. Now his lump on his shoulder got larger and lost his fur on the lump, now it bleeds all the time. I'm scared for my boy and hope it's nothing.
- —Guest Gemma
Bump on top of head, swelling in the fac
- My 1 year old full blood golden retriever has had a little bump in the same spot before but went away. This time it's gotten way bigger than last time and caused swelling in her face, her face didn't even look the same. Her face was swollen for about 2 days. My parents gave her some allergy medication (human medicine) and swelling went down. The bump looks huge and I'm worried it's something serious. Please help
- —Guest Jessica
- our little chiuhiuha 16 months old has a lump on her left thigh calling vet tomorrow to schedule an appointment we love her so much !! I hope it's nothing serious :(
- —Guest terra
swelling on back
- My mums staffy x sharpie is 19 months old and has swelling on his back which suddenly appeared, hes still responsive, still eating and only flinches when its touched, its so much lumps but more like when a human has hives, what can it be?
- —Guest janine
Lumps and bumps
- What are they? My beautiful 2yr old English mastiff X had a large, ulcerated mass on her muzzle which, after a month, turned into about 12 lumps all over her body. She had these biopsied, expecting a mast cell tumour, but no cancerous cells were detected. That was a week ago and she now has in excess of 50 lumps all over her body. Vets have put her on steroids, but there is now talk of leukemia. We can't believe it! She's only a baby. What do we do if the steroids don't work? I can't bear to be without her, but I would never want her left in pain.
- —Guest Corrinne
- my little chihuahua has a large mass about the size of my palm, she still eats, responds to me but she is 11 y/o and i am broke, when do you think about putting them down???? Her breath is foul, she's my best friend.....what do I do? how do i know if she is hurting"???
- —Guest Minnie