After seeing your vet, if your vet says to "watch the lump" for growth, what is the best way without worrying daily?
I have shared a lump-monitoring tip here. Do you have any tips for monitoring lumps?
Please share your tips and experiences with pet lumps - did you monitor or go to surgery? Share your lump info
- 4 year old Tootsieroll has lumps on top of his head and muzzle. By his nose and eyes are swollen and it goes away and comes back
- —Guest Tootsie
8yo f cat lump size of tennis ball
- 3 days ago I noticed a lump on my cats neck. I cut the fur away to get a better look. when I felt it if was soft like there was fluid in it and honestly I didn't think she would make it. I sterilised a sewing needle and made a tiny prick in her skin and then put some wound stuff on it. The next day being the weekend I couldn't call the vet. I kept an eye on her and come Monday when I went out to check the mail I caught her and immediately notice that the lump had disappeared. she had put a hole in her neck and drained it herself! I have cleaned her up and put plenty of that same wound stuff on it. she is a little shakey I suspect this is shock. she is looking so much better. I am so relieved as I had decided that I was going to take her to the vet today (Monday). if I see any sign of its return then I will not hesitate to go straight to the vet.
- —Guest rebeccabryant
- My female Schnauzer has these small lumps on her body. Some of them ooze and some don't. Her mother had them as well. When I took her to the vet I was told they were Schnauzer bumps and that lots of terriers have them not to worry. The mom lived to 14 we had to put her down a month ago due to her heart. Honey isn't sick and she has had these a long time. Is this something to worry about should I take her to another vet?? Help!!!
- —Guest Evie
- My Roc/lab mix 7yrs old has one hanging nipple that looks like a raisin hanging Princess is her ne she has never had a litter and was fixed after her first heat can anyone telle what might be wrong with my Princess
- —Guest NanaDiva
Bleeding Lumps on feet.
- My 7 month old Great Dane has developed over 10 red, angry lumps on her 3 of her feet, We immediately took her to the vet and they did a fecal floatation test to test for hookworm which came back negative. We gave her Strongid wormer and have her on amoxicillian. These are red raised angry almost look like warts or skin tags but bleed. we have tried Lime Plus dip, a bunch of Fungacide sprays and ointments. They don't seem to be spreading but are not getting better. My Vet is Stumped. HELP
- —Guest Great Dane
10 yr old gsd has small bump
- Greta my 10 yr old GSD has pea sized fluid filled bump at her chest just a couple inches from where her front right leg meets her chest. She is going to vet today at 2:40PM. She as been thru so much from ehrlichiosis to IVDD. I have finlly found something to get her comfortable now this scare. Wow I sure love her and it really upsets me to think she may have cancer. I will just have to see what her vet says today. It is so tiny I hope they can get something out of it to biopsy. I have had older GSDs that got sebacceous gland "problems" but they were way bigger then this. Wish us luck
- First diagnosis xmas 2012, removal of toe 2 wks later...4 mos. later, another toe on same foot. Now Feb. 2014 has 2 tumors in the liver. He is happy, eating, etc. He is a cockapoo and our baby. He just turned 12 and we are keeping him happy after chemo for 2 mos. was a miserable effort.
- —Guest Linda
Osteo sarcoma of the front of the head.
- I have own a 12 year old rott/boxer dog about three weeks ago all of a sudden he had a large hard lump appear on his forehead .I took him to my vet and he said it looks like it came from some sort of injury.Yhe vet gave us a 2 week supply of rimadal to help reduce the sweling and it didnt .I brought him back in 12-31-2013 for follow up visit my vet kept him and did some head+chest xrays.They xrays show that he has osteo sarcoma in the frontal lobe about the size of extra large egg the same size as the outer one.The chest xrays showed that it already spread to both lungs . The vet said take him home with some pain meds and keep him comfortable the prognosis was bleak he said maybe a month left of his life .The dog started to bleed from his nose on tuesday 1-7-2014 and the cancer was in his sinuses also the outside tumor was growing larger and caused him to loss sight in his left eye.I then brought him to the vet on wenseday 1-8-2014 he was in alot more pain we then had to P.T.S.
- —Guest Michael Witt
- I have just noticed a hump on my golden retriever he is 6 years old always and trouble with with his left hind leg but know just in fron of the leg is a lump starting to form doesn't seem to bother him at the moment and still eating well also the lump when touché doesn't seem to cause pain 6/11/2013
- —Guest David fry
- Hi my Staffy x whippet had a little lump under his jaw / side of hi left mouth , over the last few days it's has enlarged and spreadered under in one big lump it's also red ! I'm scared to take him to the vets just incase there inform me with bad news as he is just not my dog he is also my soul mate we do everything together! Pleaee could some one give me some information
- —Guest Lizzy
my beloved Dayzee(11yr old beagle)
- Love does not cover what I feel for my little girl. About 2 yrs ago she got a couple lumpy growths on chest vet said like a cow builds up fat there to lay down.she is very overweight has trouble jumping upon couch now mobility has slowed.she also has a big one on here front belliepainful joints no pain at touch can not afford vet but have found several jmore all sizes under arm on hip her tail has big one just found quate
- —Guest cindy
- Hi there, my rottie has a small lump on the inside of his leg! I took him to vets and they told me it was a skin tumour and need to come off! He was booked in a few weeks later but the lump had grown to the size of a golf ball, he went and had it taken off the vet told me that it would cost a extra £63 to have it checked by lab but when I got there to pick my dog up and asked about having it checked I was told they had thrown it in the bin as it only looked like a skin tag! I am about worried incase it was cancerous should it have been checked?
- —Guest Del x
lump on leg
- i have a poodle about 8bs. She is about 5 or 6 yrs. old. Noticed a small round knot on her rear leg-near top of the leg. It is soft to touch. As of late it has gotten bigger. This little dog has my heart, I love her so much.
- I lost my dog Rex to cancer and it got me focused on feeding our furkids the healthiest food and treats possible, that is why I started Rex's Barkery named after my dog who I lost to cancer. He had no visible lumps but there was a tumor in his throat. If nothing else I hope at the first sign of anything out of the ordinary the dog gets taken to the vet for a checkup! a watchful owner can be the best prevention! Best of luck to anyone whose dogs have lumps or any other condition, I know how tough it can be
- —Guest Nichole
Not to worry
- I noticed my 7month old retriever acting distant(he's very attached to me) and not wanting to eat so started giving him extra attention I noticed then a golf size lump on his right jaw line, I immediately started him on antibiotics(human) and pedialyte every hour with a syringe within 2 days it grew the size of a tennis ball, I then started him on Benadryl, he started eating small portions of boiled chicken breast 2 days later, I thought it was getting better but noticed 2 more lumps forming around the one huge lump, I started to worry bc he stopped wanting house food, I continued with the antibiotics&benadryl for 2 more days, that night he hardly slept due to the pain from swelling so I decided it was time to make the trip to the vet but before leaving home I noticed him running around rubbing his head on everything and quickly noticed it draining I put him in the shower and drained it for some time swelling went dwn him wrapped it, he started piggin out right away 1day later hes bett
- —Guest Jen