Has your pet helped spread poison ivy/oak/sumac to human family members? Please share your story and any poison ivy tips you may have.
- my dog developed a large spot on her head which started to ooze the next day. I took her to the vet and they said it was fungus! I used cortisone cream on it without treating her for fungus and it cleared in a few days. My 2 cats started having bumps on their faces which turned into hairless spots and i was told again by the vet it was fungus! i treated one cat for with fungal pills and the other did nothing they both got better at the same time! leading me to believe it was not fungus. I also developed spots which turned into incredibly itchy rashes again the my dermatologist diagnosed "fungus" and i was given aan oral anti-fungal which i decided not to take. I have had this rash for 2 months in varying stages and just recently found a new Doctor who diagnosed my rash as exzema! Well I have since walked the neighborhood where i live and have seen the poison ivy and poison sumac growing in the bushes that line our property where my dog walks every day!
- —Guest sandra creighton
You dont have any fleas
- My dog is having the same symptoms, she's breaking out with bumps that faster,like poison ivy would break out on a human, but they are pus filled blisters that seem to be like pimples. I know i have no fleas, vet said poison ivy!
- —Guest joe
- I have a 4 month old chihuahua who is broke out all over her belly and legs with Posion oak and all over her legs which she contacted from my husband's clothes. Benadryal and a 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water bath helped
- —Guest Jillian
Poison Oak Shared By Horse
- I used to be able on getting poison oak from my horse every year when we went trail riding at Pt. Reyes on the ocean. I'd get it on the inside of my arms, probably off her when I was grooming her. Thankfully nothing serious!
Dogs exposed to posion ivy all the time
- My back yard has poison ivy or/and sumac. My dogs don't seem to have fleas but I broke out in a bad patch I got from their fur, and now they have bumps under their skin and are itching. There are scabs now. But it is just like my arm was. I've treated for fleas but don't see any. I've sprayed the furniture, bedding. I feel like I am itching (maybe in my mind) but I'm highly allergic to fleas, poison ivy and have a few bumps that itch on my back. I don't know if I've lost my mind but feel like something is on me all the time. My poor dogs. I've sprayed them with flea spray, drops on back. aloa vera and anti itch. Nothing works. Now I'm seeing patches. One is a doby the other is a wrot.
- —Guest Janice