Strange lumpy swelling on side of neck.
- About a week ago we have noticed a swollen area on the side of my dog's neck alongside the throat. He has loose skin so it is hard to see anything aside from the swelling, but upon close examination it seems more soft and moves around the neck/throat area along with his skin. We are very concerned about this because his behavior seems to be a lot like it was back when he was hit by a car. He also make strange sounds when breathing sometimes.
my dog has a lump on his head
- My dog has had a lump scince we have had him but all the sudden it started to bleed I was cleaning it and thought everything was ok untill today the whole side of his head has swollen and he is in pain I love hime so much just don't now what it is I'm taking him vet first thing in the morning
- —Guest stacey
Get a second opinion
- Our 10 year old, breed unknown, beautiful dog has been with the family since 3 mos. In February we noticed one of the two getting sick, having accidents, and Honu was moving slowly. First vet visit resulted in IVs overnight for 3 nights, an expensive test for Addisons, and my kids freaking out at Honu's illness. They said it was just whipworm, but now I've got to wonder. Shortly after Honu came home we found a lump on his from leg at the joint. It grew so quickly... and they wanted to cut it out, but said it was so big they didn't think they could. So we "watched" it. Watched it grow to the point my puppy won't play or eat. He's showing signs of pain and now I have to help him out of the pain- and it sucks to be the grownup :(
- —Guest Honu's Human mom
Lump on side of face
- My dogs a lab husky mix hes 3 yrs old and i noticed a lump on his right side of his face. Took him to the vet and they looked at it and said it was a cyst. Now its been there for 6 months and I'm getting worried that it could be something else. Going to get another opinion very soon.
- —Guest Lacey
- my 11 yr old border collie mix has a lump about 2inches in diameter on her right hip not sure what it is and vet will operate but it`s 700 dollars need to get the money fast hoping it`s not cancerous
- —Guest Misty Varin
- My springer is only 7 but two months ago developed a small cough in the back of his throat. Two 5day courses of anti biotics failed to clear it so he had an x-ray. A large mass cell tumer was found in his lung. We decided quality of life for what was remaining would be best for him. He is still fully active (cough disappeared day of x-ray), eats well. Symptoms are he yawns and stretches a lot, and has started to have a strong smell from his breath (although difficult to pinpoint properly). Specialist gave him 2months but it's been that already, so we wait and watch. He's happy, just me that's sad.
- —Guest Kate
spotted small grape like growth on hock
- just saw this yesterday, blackish in color, I groomed her 4 wks ago never saw. so this was sudden, pet seems to now know it's there since I was looking at it, she bit into it immediately it started bleeding. I'm really scared something serious is going on. Don't have the money to take to vet. Don't want to lose her. Feel helpless, she injured this knee on this same leg in the fall, so I'm concerned this is a result of that injury, only the growth is on the hock of the leg instead of the knee.... :(
Lump on back side, in front of right leg
- My 9 yr old Yellow Lab Miss Daisy May, had begun to loss weight and drink a lot of water, I thought it was just because it was hot out, but it continue into the winter, Her weight has stablized but now she has a lumb on her side by her back right leg, it seems not to hurt her or bother her, but it growning in the time I have noticed it a week ago. Tomorrow she goes to the Vet. I pray it isn't anything seroius, maybe just fatty tumor. :'/
- —Guest simplyme
Nose cancer and Mast Cell tumors
- My wolf hybrid had a mast cell tumor removed 4 months ago and unfortunately clean margins were impossible short of amputation of her leg. Being a large breed and age 13 amputation was not an option. Her orginal tumor has returned with 2 additional tumors in other places. She is not a candidate for another surgery and we opted not to do chemo or radiation, as quality of life outweighs quantity. My vet is checking into a new cancer therapy called Neoplasene. I don't think my dear girl is going to be a good candidate for this approach because of the location of the growing tumor, but we will see with her appointment in two days. However in trying to research as much as I can on this Neoplasene and reading comments on several sites, I wanted to share that I have read some have had success with this approach in nose cancers as well as other tumors. It may be worth checking into as another option. Best of luck to you all.
- —Guest Wolfie
Lump on face
- About a month ago I noticed a swelling on my 14 year old Labradors face I thought it was a abscess but it was hard its got bigger and is cauliflower shape very red and bleeds some times been giving her antibiotics but doesn't get any better .
- —Guest Andy
Softball lump on right hip
- My lab is 11 and up until 2 weeks ago he was very healthy. Until one night he would not lift his head up above his shoulders, and had a difficult time getting I the back door. When checking him out I noticed a lump on his right rear hip, he showed no pain but acted sick and lathargic. I took him to the vet the next day and he started to act better but after blood tests they told me it may be cancer. The lump is the size of a oval softball cut in half now but he still seems to not be in pain. I know that time is short now but I have come to grips that I get to show him how much I love him before we loose him. I love my lab his name is Bear and cancer will take him from me, but it will not take the memory's. Love your family love your pets, 2 weeks ago he was fine but 2 weeks from now he may be gone. Good luck if your dog is sick I wish you well!
- —Guest Lab lover
- Darling Tigger (15) had a lump grow on his tummy (for 2 months). Then all of a sudden thanks to a massive flea infestation, it became ferociously inflamed. He licked & scratched for a week, causing him so much distress and there was constant blood everywhere. I didnt know what it was, so I bathed it with saline and cotton wool. It was finally when the vet aspirated it on the Friday, that it just exploded. His next appointment wasnt until the Tuesday. BIG MISTAKE! Warning - if a lump gets aspirated, and its perhaps a Mast Cell tumor MAKE CERTAIN your vet is on call for the next 48 hours. Tigger and I went through hell for 5 days as our vet was away, we went to emergency vet where they suggested putting him down it was so bad. I learnt later (thankyou internet) that MCT just go crazy on histamine and cell production, so even if you just touch them, they think they're under attack & they flood the lump with even more histamine. Thankfully, Tigger had all clear margins. (But more lumps now
- —Guest Sky
- i just found a lump on my 10 year dogs head and a large lump on her hip. she hardly eats and cant goe to the bathroom. it just seemed to happen overnight, and dosent seem to be in pain. she will see the vet monday. i love her so much and she stays by my side. i cant lose her.
- —Guest carol
cancer in my dog
- My dog which is a female she is 13yrs now her nipples started to turn black , went to vet and said she needed them taken off and needed doctored she was then 10yr old, but when they opperated she had a hernia, so could only fix that and take 3 nipples off said too much for her at her age. Her other nipples have turned black and she has big lumps under her front legs where her first 4 nipples or and they or getting bigger and there is more lumps. Vet said it is cancer, but as long as she is in no pain let her carrie on , she has good days and bad, but does not seem to be in pain at all .
- —Guest Angela Campbell
- I found out that my rottie has osteosarcoma. He is 9 almost 10. He has a tumor in the right tibia and a hairline fracture. The tumor developed quickly, in one week he was having difficulty walking and had a huge lump. I have noticed his nose is runny. He sleeps a lot and is sad but not as sad and depressed as I am. The vet said he has about 4 months. I can't believe this evil cancer has attacked my furry sweet best friend. I have him on tramadol & rymadil for pain.
- —Guest myrna