Does your cat have black spots on the lips and nose? When did you notice this? What did your vet say? Please share your stories here.
Note: this page is for viewer stories, questions are not answered in this space.
- My cat had oozing blisters on his feet . The vet gave him a thyroid blood test, and then he had to take thyroid pills.
- —Guest sheffer
8yr old calico
- My Sydney was a stray. Vet said she was about 2yrs old then. I noticed the spots when she was about 6. Seems to have gotten worse but I am relieved to read that this may be a harmless condition. She still has the rowdy spunk that she did when I got her.
- —Guest John W
Orange male tabby 2 yrs.
- My oi r as needed MN are Twitch is the smartest cat..can open my cupboards! He has black tiny spots on his nose a b d around his gums...glad to know they are freckles!
- —Guest Maria B
Siamese with Mouth Spots
- I have a male red-point siamese (so mainly cream with ginger markings just on his face, ears and tail, and pale markings on his paws and along his back). He is about 2 and a half years old. He has had mouth spots since a very young age - he was probably about a year old when I noticed the first spot in his mouth, maybe even younger. Since then he has developed a few more. At the moment they are only present in his mouth on his gums, not anywhere else. It is clear they are just pigment spots; no inflammation, raised skin, or anything suspicious, any they obviously don't bother him, so they have never bothered me either! :)
- —Guest Jade
3 orange cats with black spots
- We found pretty girl about 2 1/2 years ago she was pregnant and she already had a bunch of black spots on her lip. Just recently her to boys Tank and Tuff started getting the spots.
- —Guest James and Alanna
Orange tab black spot on lip
- Tito has had a black spot on his lower lip since i adopted him. Never bothers him and the vet never really pays no attention to it. It stays the same and hes full grown now. Something to live with.
- —Guest Lucky
Charlie, orange tabby
- My Charlie is about 5 years old and I've noticed a growing number of black spots on his lips, and a couple of them on his nose. I was glad to find this site, which seems to assure that this is a fairly common condition with orange cats. The spots do not seem to give him any discomfort.
- —Guest Vona Lindsey
- My orange cat developed a small black spot in the middle of his lower lip. I just noticed it has grown a little bit in size.
- —Guest Nemoian
black spots on my orange tiger's lips
- i also have a 4 year old orange tiger and I noticed his black spots almost right away they are spreading though...i'm relieved they are not to worry about. is funny how it's only orange cats.
- my cat is a persian/siamese mix but he has orange points, he started getting freckles on his nose and now they are huge black spots and he has them on his lips and in his mouth. They don't seem to bother him and they add to his character, now I know it is because he is a "ginger" and they are a feline freckle, thanks for the info!
- —Guest Nelle
orange girl tabby 3 yrs old-freckled :)
- How cute. My cat is three and seems to be getting more and more freckles...yes they are on her eye margins, nose and mouth...I think she even has them on her little paws. She is a little freckle puss.
- —Guest holly
- My four year old orange tabby has these too! I was worried because I catch her constantly licking plastic bags and things. It's good to know it's normal and not cancer or anything. Thank you all for the responses!
- —Guest Karla
Orange female tabby- black spots
- My orange female tabby had no spots when I rescued her at about 2 weeks old. She's 5 years old now and started to develop the black spots around 4 years of age. I somehow knew it wasn't anything to worry about but I'm glad I found this link to confirm! She also had kitty acne under her chin (all my cats did) but I cleared that up by using ceramic bowls instead of plastic (cats don't like metal!), getting a water fountain with filter (they drink double the amount of water now!) and using a dab of apple cider vinegar on her chin each day. Happy, healthy cats now :o)
- —Guest Natasha
Relieved to read this
- I have two orange tabbies, both about 6.5 or 7 years old (rescues so I can't be sure). I have been wondering whether to worry about these spots or not; didn't seem to be swollen or uncomfortable etc. I'll talk to my vet, but I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry. Thanks for the explanation!
5yr old, orange male tabby, black spots
- When my orange tabby was about 4 years old or so I noticed black spots on his lips, they seemed to multiply over night. As he gets older I've noticed more spots, but only on his lips. I also have a 2 year old orange male tabby who as of yet has no spots.
- —Guest laura
Orange male tabby - black spots
- My orange male tabby has always had smaller black spots on his nose and lips. He is starting to get more on his nose and I was worried, but it appears that this is normal and more like "freckles". I will check with the vet at his next exam but I am much less worried now. He seems in perfect health and is about 7 years old.
- —Guest Lynne