Ask the Vet
- Dental Care - Brushing Teeth, Dental Cleanings, Dental Disease
- Parasites - Fleas, Ticks, Ear Mites, Worms and More
- Questions and Answers
- How Do I...?
- Veterinary Quizzes
Dental Care - Brushing Teeth, Dental Cleanings, Dental Disease
Puppies and kittens lose their "baby" teeth in the first year. Getting your pet used to having their mouth examined and teeth brushed is a good start to healthy teeth and gums. As pets age, dental tartar and plaque may affect not only the teeth, but gums, heart and internal organs as well. Here are some dental health resources to keep your pet healthy.
- Tips And Tools for Home Dental Care for Pets
- How To Brush Your Dog's Teeth (video)
- Is Anesthesia Necessary for a Dental Cleaning at the Vets?
- Gallery: Tooth Extraction in a Dog
- Care Tips - AfterYour Pet's Dental or Surgical Procedure
- Dental Care Terminology and Tips
- Worn Down Teeth
- Retained Baby Teeth (Double Fangs)
Parasites - Fleas, Ticks, Ear Mites, Worms and More
Parasites come in many sizes, shapes and levels of "severity" for our pets. This collection of parasites are those commonly found on dogs, cats, and other species, sometimes affecting humans (called a zoonotic disease).
Questions and Answers
In-depth "hubs" of information about specific veterinary topics.
- Are Calico Cats Always Female?
- Parvo - Canine Parvovirus Disease
- Itching, Scratching and Hair Loss
- Obesity: how to tell if your pet is overweight
- Litter Box: feline urinary problems and behaviors
- Poisons: Common Household Poisons
- Spay & Neuter: Top 5 Myths
- Money: Ways to Save Money on Pet Care and Vet Bills
- Kidney Disease
- Icky Things Pets Eat
- Chocolate Toxicity
How Do I...?
Step-by-step tutorials on pet care, health, nutrition, veterinary advice, and career preparation.
- General Interest - All Topics
- Parasites: Tick Removal
- Nutrition: Assess Body Condition
- Choose a Petsitter or Kennel
Test your veterinary knowledge and learn new medical facts with these interactive quizzes.