1. Home
STRA8UP3 asks: "I have a dog who appears to maybe going though an early miscarriage would be my guess. She has not been feeling well. She has difficulty getting up. She drinks a lot of water but is not to particularly hungry as she normal is. She has been having bloody discharge as well. Is there anything that I can do for her? I can not pay for a vet."

Comments

March 21, 2007 at 4:44 pm
(1) shell says:

If you dont see a vet your dog will die. she probably has a pyometra and the discharge she is passing is pus.This is a life threatening condition and is a dire EMERGENCY.

March 21, 2007 at 4:46 pm
(2) Shell says:

Try ringing your main rescue number they may help you or have a charity vet.

March 21, 2007 at 6:06 pm
(3) Evonne says:

Honestly, I feel that if you can’t afford for a vet to look at your dog then you don’t have buisness breeding her.

March 23, 2007 at 7:29 pm
(4) Patricia says:

If you cannot afford ot pay for a vet then please contact IMOM.org immediately before it is too late. They can help with veterinary expenses in case of emergency like this. understand about financial hardships.

May 21, 2007 at 9:12 pm
(5) misti phillips says:

Yes if i were you id try to do all i can and if your pet doesnt get any better i would try to get him a free trip to the vet and yes they have them

May 21, 2007 at 9:12 pm
(6) misti phillips says:

January 25, 2009 at 3:14 am
(7) cecilia says:

my german shepard is 13 weeks old she has not ate in over 24 hrs. but drank lil water.was given a lil piece of chicken she ate that then vomited.she is not her regular playful self.but i can’t find a vet that is cheap..

May 19, 2009 at 1:55 am
(8) ida says:

Honestly, I don’t understand why people feel the need to leave malicious comments, Ev—- you know who u R. Saying that if you can’t afford a vet you shouldn’t be breeding your dog is a real show of compassion. People all over the country are in financial crisis. As for Pat—– the info in IMOM.org is great thank-you, you helped many people.

July 26, 2009 at 6:11 pm
(9) Janet says:

my dog is sick and I cannot afford to take her to the vet she has been laying around and her eyes look like she is sick, I have 2 dogs and a cat and they all need shots and worm medicine,maxie is allericag to fleas , and I bought the cheap stuff but it didn`t help, please help if you can. thanks Janet, I live in Niles Ohio, and I have called everyone I could think of

August 19, 2009 at 1:49 pm
(10) vetmedicine says:

I would recommend staying away from the “cheap stuff” (flea products – comment #9). That often causes more trouble than it fixes.

For those looking for financial help resources, Dr. Nancy Kay DVM has an excellent list of possible places to go for help:
If you need help paying for veterinary care

September 2, 2010 at 9:05 am
(11) Debora trout says:

I SPRAYED FLY SPRAY ON MY INTIRE 1ST FLOOR OF THE HOUSE (NOT NEAR MY DOG) BUT NOW HE IS SICK NOT EATING DRINKING & HE’S THROWING UP , YESTERDAY HE WAS OK BUT THIS MORNING HE’S SICK AGAIN WHAT CAN I DO FOR HIM??? I FEEL SO BAD

November 9, 2010 at 3:51 pm
(12) maria says:

I lost my dog for a week,I found him in the pound, they had to neutered him and I see like if it was infected its red and it look swollen. He is sneezing a lot and he has a lot of discharge come from his noise he is really weak does not walk to walk, eat, and move. What can I do? I do not have money to pay for a vet.

November 16, 2011 at 2:18 am
(13) Gina says:

My puppy is 3 months daschund female. She was perfectly fine until 2 days ago she hasn’t been eating then she tries to eat then has diarrheA now vomitting. She drinks a lot of water but later vomits that also. She still plays has energy but tires easy.. Is she going to be okay? :(