1. Home
Skin problems can be primary or secondary to other diseases or conditions. Itchy or irritated skin can lead to additional skin damage from chewing, licking and scratching. If your pet has skin problems, please see your vet to resolve the problem before it evolves into a more serious skin condition.

MYSCOTTYBOY wants to know: "My little Jack Russell Terrier has bumps that look like a combination of moles and rashes in between his hind legs and lower belly area. They are itchy to him. He spreads his hind legs and scrapes himself against the carpeting to scratch himself. This has been going on for 2 weeks. He is an outside/inside dog. What is on his belly? Can anyone help?"

Comments

July 14, 2006 at 2:51 am
(1) amanda says:

I am in the same boat!!!I have a lab/heller mix puppy. she has had all her shots, etc., and is on flea meds. she has the same red raised bumps on her rear section and now spreading to her belly. her hair is no longer growing on those areas. she gets very upset if I touch them so I know she is in pain…

August 24, 2006 at 8:11 pm
(2) Paige says:

my labrador too..he is well taken care off..but has developed..what looks like large mosquito bites…all over

January 12, 2007 at 9:16 pm
(3) mary says:

I am having the same problem with my black lab and our pug dog. What is it? What do I do? I have used antihistamines and creams.

August 9, 2007 at 9:25 am
(4) danielle says:

I also have a black lab pup and she has those bumps on her belly and arms. they look like pimples. Has anyone found out what they are? please e-mail me if you have found anything out. taylo11@fsuimail.ferris.edu

August 29, 2007 at 12:10 am
(5) Jaimee says:

yah i have the same prob too.. small bumps between my jack russells legs.. if anyone finds out whta helps let me know please.. stanggrl67@gmail.com

October 15, 2007 at 1:11 am
(6) Lauren says:

I think it’s about the same deal with my pup. I have a 1 year old brown and white Boston Terrier, and I just noticed several bumps on her belly and hind legs. She doesn’t seem to be bothered by them…yet… but always seems to rub her butt on the carpet. I know I have to take her to the vet, but does anyone have an answer as to what this may be?

January 23, 2008 at 8:28 am
(7) sergio says:

could be muites, mange

September 14, 2008 at 5:10 pm
(8) Sandy says:

Its sound as though your dogs are having some type of allergic reaction to something. I would go to the vet and get a “real” diagnosis. My dog had the same thing and she was allergic to her food. I waited to long to switch it and get the bumps diagnosed and she ended up with a staph infection.

September 24, 2008 at 3:29 pm
(9) Kellee says:

I had this problem with my Great Dane I took him to the vet he had a bumpy itchy rash like something happening to his underside of his body. I thought it was food allergies but the vet did a test and said he had Valley Fever which is very common only in our area and people get it too. It is a fungus spore in the dirt in central California that can become airborn when you stir the dirt up. If you breath it in it can settle in your lungs and appear as pnumonia in x-rays. It can also cause bumps that look like numberous spider bites in humans. Most natives are immune to it but many visitors get it and then do not know what it is when they go to a doctor outside of the area. I knew a person who had a dog that caught this and with the vets treatment it was a gruling many months and the dog died. I found a natural cure that had worked for me so I used it on my Dane and he healed up within the month and was perfectly fine. The cure I used for my 6 month old 100 lb Dane was one ounce (adjust amount for smaller dogs) of sublimed sulfer AKA wildflower of sulfer, (obtainable at your local pharmacy. I ordered mine from Rite-Aid.) Divide this into four equal portions (1/4 oz. each) mix with lots of scrambled eggs and serve when eggs have cooled enough for your dog to eat. Do this 12 hours apart until you use all four portions. I did it 9am, then 9pm, then 9am, and 9pm again. Eggs have a natural sulfer in them. So the taste is not as noticable for the dog. For picky eaters you may want to capsulate it and administer that way. Your dog will stink like rotten eggs but will recover almost immediately if it is in fact Valley Fever. I am not a vet nor a medical professional but I can only tell you what worked for me and the treatment was less than $12. The vet was going to cost literally over $1,000. and I have seen their treatment result in death. But it’s your dog so you can decide the best route for you.
P.S. I also used this treatment on myself when the hospital diagnosed me with Valley Fever that settled in my legs. I was on crutches the pain was so bad. After my treatment I started recovering in a week. I took lots of Immodium AD and capsulated the sulfer with Coaco as this was the remedy recipe I discovered.) I have not had a single recurrance of the break-out in over 10 years and deem myself fully recovered. Again the hospital treatment was $1,000′s and I knew people who had to have amputation even with doctor treatment. If you cannot capsulate it it has been cooked in brownies and eaten that way by some people.

June 8, 2009 at 2:12 pm
(10) RUTH ROBINSON says:

MY BISHON HAS A RAISED BUMP ON HIS LEFT REAR WHAT SHOULD I DO

June 23, 2009 at 12:05 pm
(11) Julie says:

Sounds like it could be mange.

June 23, 2009 at 9:15 pm
(12) Patty says:

My Yorkie had the same thing, she is allergic to the dog shampoos, I switched to a tea tree oil shampoo and have had no rash since. I even tried the ones for sensitive skin and people shampoo and they did the same thing.

June 24, 2009 at 11:24 pm
(13) Stacey says:

To the person with the dog rubbing her bottom on the carpet…they do that to relieve the anal gland, it is normal. This prevents them from becoming impacted. Ask your vet or groomer to take care of it for the dog on it’s next visit.

July 8, 2009 at 12:23 pm
(14) Judy says:

Our 4 year old pug got his vaccinations two weeks ago and had a severe allergic reaction with hives and itching. We also had two small tumors removed from his leg and stomach. One was a Stage 1 Mast Cell tumor with clear margins. After this ordeal he has severe allergic reactions including bumps and hives all over, redness, and he is miserable. We have an appointment with a Vet Dermatologist tomorrow, but he is suffering. Has anyone seen an allergic reaction like this, and what did you do?

July 8, 2009 at 12:24 pm
(15) Judy says:

I am tempted not to get my dog vaccinated again due to his reactions.

August 22, 2009 at 10:07 am
(16) James says:

I have a 6 month Yorkie with something similar. She has spider-like bite marks on her belly. At first it showed up like a rash with red splotches then turned into the bumps she has now but are no longer red. She also has them on her neck area. She doesn’t scratch at them or do anything else to indicate that it bothers her. I thought at first it might be an allergy from a shampoo we’ve been using for her but it hasn’t gone away and even seems to be a little worse so I’m in the process of getting her a vet appointment. I’ll post again when i find out for sure what she has.

October 13, 2009 at 9:41 pm
(17) srufus says:

My yorkie has a rash on his ears and neck it looks just like every one else said and we went to the vet and got shampoo and it has became worse. My grandma’s terrier has the same thing and they have no contact with each other and the vet ordered a shampoo so if it works I will post it.

July 1, 2010 at 1:11 pm
(18) emily says:

my yorkie has these big bumps on the back of boy her legs.. i’m very curious about them.

July 2, 2010 at 4:58 am
(19) Dess. says:

My Little 6 Month Old Dachshund Has It Too. I Dont Know What It Is. But She Has Multiple Bumps On Her Stomach And Legs.

July 7, 2010 at 1:45 am
(20) Dana says:

My Jack Russell has the red bumps on her belly,, hind legs under her arm pits and the pads of her feet. She is scratching and licking like crazy.
Geeze, this has been a real challenge! not just for her but us too. she seems so sad.
The vet says she was allergic to her food. (nope).
I thought fleas.. there are (none) on her. Whatever it is i have used (sulfer 8 medicated shampoo) it seems to be working Ithen complete her bath with oatmeal wash..
my fingers are crossed.

August 29, 2010 at 3:05 am
(21) Cat says:

i have a 7 week old miniature pinscher and she has the same. little raised bumps on her tummy that look like mosquito bites. her tummy is very itchy and even when you just lightly rub her tummy her foot twitches like crazy. after all that i’v read so far, im thinking it could be a reaction to the vaccinations she had last week. she’s very healthy and active, but the bumps worry me.

November 5, 2010 at 10:56 pm
(22) Shuichi says:

My doggy Vegeta has a huge bump underneath his anal region., this goes down when he gets excited or sexually aroused., is this normal?..,does he need his anal glands squeezed?….

May 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm
(23) Matthew says:

My lab has them too, she has them on her belly.

December 28, 2011 at 3:04 am
(24) taylor says:

alright. my jack russell terrier has these raised, itchy red bumps throughout her torso. a few on her face and legs, mostly on her bsck. they are itching her terribly and she isnt in pain, it obviously itches &annoys her and i want my baby to have relief. any help?